Wednesday, November 14, 2007

RAYMOND FOWLER

Art Champoux has been a UFO investigator since 1964. He has worked with Ray Fowler, Walter Webb, John Keel, a lady that he can not name, and several different UFO groups. In the 1960s he was with APRO, CAPER, NICAP, then when APRO went out he was with NICAP and then APRO. Now he is with MUFON. The world of the paranormal has always fascinated him, even as a small boy he had some eerie happenings. His Great grandmother was a spirit medium so maybe he has inherited something. He is a hypnotist and has written for several publications and his leanings are much like John Keels. He believes there is an ultra force, not from outer space, but much like John's and even Jaques Vallees' contention...we are but one dimension out of many that reign on this planet.



Raymond Fowler: Best UFOlogist
of the 20th Century
by Art Champoux

Posted: 14:55 November 12, 2007


Raymond Fowler is one of the best UFO investigators/researchers, authors and personalities of this century. I know because I worked with him on some significant UFO sightings and cases. This man is meticulous. Nothing gets past him. He used his talents and time to search out the best cases in New England and far beyond the state's borders.

He worked for the government in the United States Air Force Security Service. He went out and gave a huge amount of time to his passion: the study of UFOs.

He was unrelenting; his passion for the truth was as great as if not greater then Agent Fox Mulder of the X-Files TV program.

Ray did not get paid for his investigations but he didn't care. His passion for the subject brought him into a world that was controversial and filled with enigmatic happenings. Due to his experience and first hand knowledge Ray began publishing books based on his case studies. These books, although popular with UFOlogists did not make him a rich man but did offset some of his experiences.

Ray appeared on TV shows and debated Donald Menzel ((April 11, 1901 - December 14, 1976) was an American astronomer and astrophysicist. He was one of the leading astronomers of his era, and also earned notoriety as an early skeptic of UFOs as an extraordinary phenomenon.

He had a top-notch team of people that supported his quest to find the truth of UFOs in New England. His expertise brought him to testify before the US House Senate Committee.

His many books describe the intensity of the UFO enigma, from his first investigations and his own personal experiences as an abductee. His views changed regarding UFOs and their occupants as he learned more in his own personal life and was empathetic in helping others as they struggled with their own enigmatic paranormal experiences.

On more then one occasion he helped me with my own investigations into the unknown. Along with Walter Webb, Ray and myself, we thoroughly investigated entities seen in a UFO over an airport in Haverhill, Massachusetts. At other times I would go to his Wenham house and ask him questions or ask his advice on sightings I had in the 1960s and 1970s. Ray was a very patient man. He was caring and was an intense investigator that separated the wheat from the chaff.

If you want to follow the most intense journey of one of the most famous UFO investigators life of all time you must read and understand the scientific mind of Ray Fowler. I know I have reviewed his books here, but to know the man is an interesting story in itself.

Ray is the best of the best. Ray is married and has several children. Now he enjoys the relaxation earned over a lifetime of work and of using his personal observatory in the back yard of his rural home in coastal Maine. Although, he is well educated he constantly searches for answers and enjoys looking at the stars.

With an intense love for the study of UFOs he also had an intense love for his family. This quiet unassuming gentle man has devoted most of his free time to investigating, studying and helping people who have been abducted by UFOs.

Maybe some people did not understand him or know why he is so entrenched in his beliefs. In his autobiography he explains his motives, including the fact that he was a UFO abductee himself.

I had this passion also. For over 40 years now I have been passionate about reporting UFOs. Why? I guess I can relate to Ray Fowler. After all he taught me. I had some very enigmatic encounters also. I reported to him about my MIB encounters and some very enigmatic cars in the 60s and 70s. He was not sure of these whole phenomena. But he listened and tried to help. I know now I was abducted at an early age and grew up in a house where my great grand mother talked to an Indian guide in the spirit world. She found things and people for free. No charge! I think I have some of that in me.

I see things and feel things and even have sensed things that others have not. My feelings when reading Ray Fowler's books was one of a sense that a lot of that book could have been me. He was my mentor and my friend.

Just this week, Ray and I have been emailing each other. He is going to try to help me out in a personal matter with a UFO study group. He does not have to, but again, this is a man with a purpose and a drive to help others.

He has written many books and given of his time to help other abductees. Why - because he truly cares. His works on TV with abductees and other people who have had some encounters with these otherworldly entities have been well documented and shown on TV. Some examples are the "Allagash Abductions: Undeniable Evidence of Alien Intervention", you must read that book along with the Betty and Barney Hill case he assisted in some capacity.

I cannot say enough about Raymond Fowler. Words and awe of his total dedication to his non-paying passion for the scientific study of the UFO mystery are not enough. If you have some of his books you know what I mean. Buy all of his books. You will never be bored. In fact I have given away a lot of his books to other people to read then have to go out to buy more of his books for myself.


I must end this by saying that Ray's work in the past must follow his legacy in search for the truth. His unrelenting style and his passion for the accuracy of his research and reports are unmatched in the annals of UFOlogy.

If one is just interested in UFOlogy then read Ray's books. If you are a serious researcher you must read his books. If you want to read compelling evidence of one mans personal passion and why he pursued this mysterious subject, again, read Raymond Fowlers' books. Not to hold him up as an idol, he would not want that, but to see what he learned, lived, and his devotion to the human race and to people this really human caring man has for his fellow humans who he shares this planet with in peace and love for the human race. This is the man behind the books and works of one of the leading UFOlogist in the 20th century.
______________

Chuck drew my attention to the following video and article:


http://www.local6.com/spotlight/14578641/detail.html

No comments: